June 03, 2006

Delicately White

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The next several photos are a series of shots I took backstage at the Garcia Lorca Theater, in Havana. It is one of the oldest and most beautiful theaters I´ve ever been in. The dancers were from all over the world, though mostly Cubans, and were participating in the third round of the First Category (13 - 14 years old) of a prestigious international ballet contest. My cousin Diana made it that far, there are some pictures of her to come too.
This little girl caught my eye because of her delicate and elegant body. She was from Santiago de Cuba, and was there with her teacher only since her parents couldn´t make the trip to see her dance. She asked me if I could send her the photo later on to show her family. May ´06

3 Comments:

Blogger fotocube said...

Sweet.

10:09 p.m., June 03, 2006  
Blogger fotocube said...

Pup, I'm on MSN.

10:50 p.m., June 03, 2006  
Blogger fotocube said...

Hokay, not anymore. I go to bed now. Night!

11:13 p.m., June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home