November 28, 2006

Agua Potable

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This street shot was taken in Pinar del Rio, a small city about 2 hours west of Havana. This is teh truck that distributes drinking water to the houses. I spent a day there after catching a ride with my friend's dad who had to go to a meeting in Pinar. It is a relatively small place without many travelers. I had about $1.00 worth in Cuban Pesos so I made it my mission to find food sold solely in the Cuban currency and not in dollars which is what tourists usually end up using in dollar stores. With that $1.00 I managed to get about 8-9 mini bananas, a cheesy pizza, two chocolate popsicles, and two blisters in my feet from all the walking and heat. April '06

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the atmosphere you've captured in this one. The sun is very hot I think ;-)

4:46 p.m., November 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been interested in this theme for a long time and it was insulting for me that during development of technologies, I still search for the information offline. With the advent of your site I have plunged with all my soul into Internet.
- adkfotoblog.blogspot.com l
spaghetti alla carbonara

3:27 a.m., December 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home